As a busy mom on the go there are times when remembering to eat enough throughout the day can be tricky. There are more times than not that I forget to pack a snack for myself, however ‘Bug’ is always fully stocked.
One of the many problems with skipping meals or snacks is that it affects our blood sugar levels in a negative way. Blood sugar levels are sent on an out of control downward spiral leaving you with the feelings of anxiousness, fatigue, irritability among many others. Along with these unKIND symptoms to you and your body, skipping meals or snacks throughout the day will likely cause you to overeat later on in the day. Not something this momma or any womanKIND wants or needs.
Fortunately there is a really KIND snack company that provided this momma with samples from their new line of bars called Nuts & Spices. Gluten-Free with all-natural ingredients you can pronounce, low glycemic and packed with vitamins and minerals. As an added bonus these bars are KIND to your digestive system because of their high fibre content.
I love almonds, walnuts, pecans…pretty much anything nutty. Add that with a bit of mouthwatering fruit sweetness and SHAZAM!!! there’s fireworks in your mouth. KIND bars had just enough sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth and just enough nuts and crunch factor to keep my belly satisfied for a couple of hours.
Here’s the 411 on The Nut & Spice flavors.
- Ingredients : Mixed nuts (peanuts, almonds, pecans, cashews), chicory root fiber, honey, palm kernel oil, sugar, non GMO glucose, crisp rice, cocoa powder, cinnamon, soy lecithin, milk powder, salt, vanilla extract
- 7 grams of fiber, 5 grams of protein and 5 grams of sugar
- Ingredients : Mixed nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, walnuts), honey, non GMO glucose, chicory root fiber, crisp rice, Madagascar vanilla, soy lecithin.
- 7 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of sugar
- Ingredients : Cashews, almonds, peanuts, chicory root fiber, honey, non GMO glucose, crisp rice, ginger, sugar, spices, soy lecithin.
- 6 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and 4 grams of sugar
- Ingredients : Mixed nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, walnuts), chicory root fiber, honey, palm kernel oil, sugar, crisp rice, cocoa powder, non GMO glucose, sea salt, soy lecithin, milk powder, vanilla extract.
- 7 grams of fiber, 6 grams of protein and 5 grams of sugar
Taste testing these bars was not a problem, it was stopping at only one bar per sitting was the issue. With control kept under wraps I strategically chose the times when I thought these bars would come in handy.
After a workout
‘Bug’ went down for his nap giving me the chance to race over to the gym for my workout. After my workouts I typically drink a shake but the story of my life right now…I ran out of time to make one. Thankfully I had my KIND stash to grab from and dash off. Sneaking out of my Lululemon bag is the delicious Dark Chocolate Cinnamon Pecan bar.
Emails, research, writing and all the other wonderful things with being connected makes me hungry, especially during the mid-afternoon 3 o’clock-ish time. ahhhh, my Madagascar Vanilla Almond crush.
Momma on the move
Between driving home from work, picking ‘Bug’ up from daycare and then racing home to make dinner this momma needs a little boost to keep my energy up.
Whether its simple phone call, email, letter or lending a helping hand, hearing or seeing the reactions from those you touched goes a long way. These KINDhearted gestures is what the KIND movement is all about. “Each month, we challenge the KIND community to carry out one specific act of kindness called a KINDING Mission. If-and-only-if enough people sign up to carry out this act of kindness by clicking “Yes, I’ll Do It!” on KINDmovement.com, we pay it forward by carrying out a BIG KIND Act for a group of people in need”. (taken from FAQ kindsnacks.com).
It is futile to judge a kind deed by its motives. Kindness can become its own motive. We are made kind by being kind.
The wonderful people at KIND Snacks are giving one of my readers (US and Canada only) the chance to win 12 bars (3 of each flavor).
Enter below for your chance to win. Winner will be chosen September 8th, 2012 at 12am EST.
NOTE: if Tweeting about the giveaway please Tweet
@EmpoweredmommaJ is giving away 12 KIND bars @KINDsnacks #KINDAHOLICS #DotheKINDthing
Disclosure: Product was provided to me free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion. I was not compensated in any other way for this review.