The challenge involves consuming real food and real food only for 30 days. Not only will I be participating in this challenge I will also post tips on recipes, workouts and simple daily changes to help guide you and myself throughout this journey. I’m not saying this will be easy and yes there will be ups and downs but as a group with a great support system it will be a little easier to stay on track. Now who’s in???
Listen it’s okay to slip up once in a while (we are human) as this is NOT meant to be a diet or resolution. INSTEAD it‘s a way to make us realize how we feel when you eat real unprocessed foods for a month.
Maybe it can lead to us making healthier food options rather than falling into the same trap we have fallen into before, especially after the holidays.
My goal is to act as a health cheerleader for you all fabulous people that want to break the cycle and begin the quest for a healthier YOU.
If you are interested in participating in this challenge
- Use hashtag #empoweredchoices on twitter and instagram!
- Post it on my FACEBOOK page to let others know that you are making empowered choices to your lifestyle
- Each week I will grab tweets, posts and transformation pics and post on my Saturday Spotlight post…see far below of sample transformation pics if you need some prompting.
- Win prizes as you make #empoweredchoices (prizes will be announced soon)
- Free to join. my ask is for you to tweet, instagram and facebook (any or all) to let me know you are participating
OK, here‘s the list of allowable and not allowed foods. (taken directly from the original email written by one of my colleagues, Mark M., a high level high performance trainer)
Any unrefined/unadulterated foods that are grown from the earth and/or sea and consumed in their most natural state.
- grains (with the exception of wheat)
- natural sweeteners (raw honey, maple syrup…)
• dairy ( a real food if unpasteurized and in it’s raw state, but we have agreed to give it up for simplicity sake and for tremendous vitality benefits that many of us will experience by giving it up)
• processed foods (anything packaged or chemically preserved)
• wheat (a hybrid grain far removed from the traditional varieties we once ate)
• bread (although there are some good breads on the market, the vast majority of even the most natural breads have some forms of synthetic preservatives)
• pasta (of any sort – rice pasta is still a processed food)
• juice (unless pressed yourself)
• chocolate (unless it is 100% raw cacao)
• dressings, sauces (including soya sauce)
I know, I know, you’re probably asking if coffee or tea are permitted. The answer to this question is YES as it is technically the bean of a plant and thus qualifies as a real food. However only organic fair trade varieties are acceptable. Remember no sugar or creamers allowed.
Beverages with the exception of water are out unless juiced or pressed ourselves.
STAY IN THE LOOP WITH MORE TIPS ON KEEPING THE FAMILY, HOUSEHOLD AND YOURSELF HEALTHY, HAPPY AND SANE!
I love hearing your thoughts, let me know in the comments below.