UGGG Belly Ache? What did I eat? or not eat? I just need to lay down and curl up in a fetal position. This is the worst feeling. When is it going to stop?
This doesn’t happen often since my stomach is made of steel or so the hubs likes to say it is. Sadly whenever I eat certain foods, like broccoli or pizza…yup I know healthy broccoli and yummy pizza, I get a belly ache. Sometimes this momma lives on the wild side and munches on some raw broccoli knowing a price will be paid like a bloated abdominal region, gassy or the worst for me, a belly ache.
Keeping a food journal and writing out the what you ate and how it made you feel (food should always give you a positive response) at least 20-30 minutes after eating can help narrow the list of which foods give you are negative response). This helped me a great deal.
Here are a few other ways to reduce the chance of getting a belly ache.
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat enough fiber during the day
- Spicy, fatty and acidic foods as well as fast food can trigger a belly ache, indigestion or heartburn. Keep a food journal and make the adjustments needed to to avoid this discomfort.
- Reduce the amount of processed foods you are eating
- Reduce the amount of caffeine
- Avoid eating right before bedtime or exercise
- Do not skip meals or over eat
If a belly ache strikes here are ways to help ease your discomfort.
- Lay down for a few minutes
- Sometimes movement like walking helps with the relief
- Digestzen the natural “tummy tamer” for both adults and children to help alleviate the discomforts of a belly ache. Containing a combination of pure certified therapeutic grade essential oils like ginger, fennel, coriander that are known to help ease stomach discomfort and peppermint, tarragon, caraway, anise to help aid in digestion and maintain a healthy gastrointestinal (GI) tract this blend has found a permanent spot in our medicine cabinet.
- Heating pad or hot water bottle placed over your clothing ad over the belly
- A soothing warm bath
STAY IN THE LOOP AND SIGN UP TO MY BI-WEEKLY NOTES FOR EXCLUSIVE TIPS, PERSONAL MESSAGES AND FREE GOODIES.
Stay tuned for more Tips on keeping the family, household and yourself healthy, happy and SANE!!!
I love to hear from you so don’t be a stranger and tell me what you think in the comments below.
DISCLOSURE: The information on this site is not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. You can read my full disclosure here.